1. Data We Collect. Together and as defined below, the Signup Data, Verification Data, School Data, Media Content, and User Data comprise Personal Data. All data described in this Section 1 is collectively "Data". We collect only the Data we believe is reasonably necessary to provide the Services to our users. For more information about the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and general tips about protecting children's online privacy, please visit the FTC's website.
o If you are a child requesting a kidslovecode.com account, and not from a school provider, we will collect your first name, user name, password, and a parent's email address. For other users, we collect your username, email address, and password; additionally, we collect first and last name from Educators. Together the above is Signup Data.
o If you sign up for email updates, we collect your email address. We may see if you click through those emails.
o If you are a parent, guardian, or teacher attempting to verify your identity, we may collect information like identification cards, email address, and photographs ("Verification Data").
o Third party single sign-on services like Clever or Google use the Application to sign students on. Those services share information like username, birthday, course ID, and email with us ("School Data").
o We collect Media Content, for example any videos, programs, activities, images, ratings, and comments you post to kidslovecode.com. If such a user submits Media Content to the Application, that content may include personal information; however, you should not include personal information like your face, voice, or contact information in your Media Content. You do not need to create Media Content to use kidslovecode.com. Also, if you do submit any media content to your profile, it will only be seen by members of your own school or class, and by Code Rev Kids.
o If you have an account on the Application, we collect basic information on how you use kidslovecode.com, like pages visited, programs made, and activities done ("User Data").
o When you browse the Code Rev Kids Edu website (edu.Code Rev Kids.com) (the "website"), we track things like IP address, pages you view, and functions you request like sign-on, video embedding, identity verification, and general security functionality, using cookies, pixels, and security tokens ("Site Data"). If you are an EU user, we do not collect Site Data without your consent, where required.
2. Uses of Personal Data. Subject to Parental Choice and your Rights and Choices below, we use your Data as follows.
1. We do not serve ads in kidslovecode.com, we do not perform behavioral advertising on the Services, nor do we retarget visitors to the Site solely because of their visit to the Site.
2. If you are of legal age and choose to receive email updates from Code Rev Kids by providing your email address, we may send you updates on Code Rev Kids, information on educational products relevant to you, and other relevant marketing communications. You can unsubscribe from these emails in your Code Rev Kids Edu profile settings page, or via the unsubscribe link in the email.
o Child Signup and Parental Consent
1. We use Verification Data and Signup Data to validate and provide support to accounts in compliance with applicable law, including COPPA and the GDPR.
1. If a parent does not complete the account approval process within 21 days, we will delete the information the child provided (unless the parent has separately signed up using that email address for marketing emails or otherwise provided that information on another Code Rev Kids site or in connection with another Code Rev Kids service). We ask that adults never provide any personal information about their child, including using names or email addresses in a username, and that children avoid using any part of their name or email address in their username.
2. If you believe your child is participating in an online activity with Code Rev Kids that collects their information, and neither you nor the child's teacher has received an email providing notice or seeking your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not use any emails provided for parental consent purposes to market to the parent, unless the parent has expressly opted-in to email marketing or has separately participated in an activity that allows for such email contact.
o We use School Data to place children in the right class and to provide schools, teachers, and kids with account licenses assigned to requested classrooms.
o We use the Media Content to:
1. help you learn by sharing your programs and talking about coding with your teachers and the Code Rev Kids Edu community;
2. provide, maintain, develop, and improve Code Rev Kids Edu and kidslovecode.com; and
3. personalize your experience on Code Rev Kids Edu by enabling you to post and share your programs and activities.
o We moderate the Media Content to protect against harmful, illegal, offensive, copyrighted, and other material that might violate our Terms of Service. Code Rev Kids has the right to reject any content deemed inappropriate or containing personal information, or for any other reason, at the time of submission, or at any subsequent time, all in Code Rev Kids' sole discretion.
o We use the User Data and Site Data to better understand how users interact with our website, to protect the website, to make the website easier to use, to measure the popularity of certain courses or activities, to organize programs according to their authors, and similar activities. We use the Site Data to verify identities, localize content, make video embedding possible, and enable sign on and log-out.
3. Data You Share
o You can share your Media Content with other Code Rev Kids Edu users if you are not a child, or if you are a child, after your parent or guardian gives you permission by going through our Verifiable Parental Consent process:
1. We will send the parent an email outlining the identity verification process. To obtain verifiable parental consent, a parent must submit a signed consent form. He or she must download, print, sign, and upload the form to us. After we have verified the parent's identity, the child under the parent's account will be able to upload and share content publicly. To withdraw consent or delete the child's account, email us at email@example.com. You may also withdraw consent at any time by visiting your account settings.
o You can share your Media Content with your class and teacher if your teacher goes through our teacher verification process:
1. With regard to school-based activities, COPPA allows teachers and school administrators to act in the stead of parents to provide consent for the collection of personal information from children. We use one-part verification for teachers, where they download, print, complete, and upload a verification form. There is also a two-part verification option: electronically signing the verification form and uploading a photo of a valid teacher ID. Schools should always notify parents about these activities. For more information on parental rights with respect to a child's educational record under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), please visit the FERPA site.
o Parents and Guardians can see the Media Content that their children post.
4. Data We Share.
o We share all Data collected by the Services with cloud services providers that host the Services. These service providers are contractually bound to adhere to confidentiality and security obligations in a way that is consistent with this Policy.
o We may also share Data in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction, or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company. Any such transfer will require the receiver to uphold this Policy.
o We may disclose Personal Data if permitted or required by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we also may disclose personal information collected from children (i) in response to a law enforcement or government agency's request; (ii) if we believe disclosure may prevent the instigation of a crime, facilitate an investigation related to public safety, or protect the safety of a user of Services; (iii) to protect the security or integrity of our Services, and other technology, as well as the technology of our service providers; or (iv) to enable us to take precautions against liability.
o We may use and disclose aggregate or anonymized User Data for any purpose, except when prohibited by applicable law. If we are required to treat User Data as School Data or personal information under applicable law, then we may use and disclose such User Data for all the purposes for which we use and disclose the School Data or personal information.
5. Legal Basis for Collection and Processing.
o We collect Signup Data to comply with the requirements of COPPA and GDPR regarding collection of child information. We also collect Signup Data to satisfy our legitimate interest in distinguishing user accounts from one another.
o We collect Verification Data to satisfy our legitimate interests in verifying the identities of parents and teachers on the Services, and to contact them with important updates about the safety and functioning of the Services.
o We process the School Data to provide you with the service(s) you request by contracting with single sign-on entities like Clever and Google.
o If you sign up for email marketing updates, our collection of your email address and interactions with our emails is based on your consent.
o Our collection and processing of Media Content is based on your parent or guardian's consent, if applicable, and on our legitimate interest in collecting images, video, and the like to provide the functionality you request in the Application.
o We collect User Data and Site Data to fulfill our legitimate interests in:
1. improving our Site, for example by understanding which parts of the Application appeal to users and which parts do not;
2. localizing the Application;
3. conducting internal analysis and research;
4. verifying the identities of our users;
5. meeting any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
6. enforcing our Terms of Service including investigation of potential violations; or
7. detecting, preventing, or otherwise addressing fraud, security or technical issues.
6. Parental Choice. Subject to different settings by Google, parents have the following choices on Code Rev Kids Edu. At any time, an authenticated parent can ask to review information that Code Rev Kids maintains about their child. At any time, parents can also change a password or user name, user avatar image, and other profile information for a child on the Application by logging in to the Application and following the instructions on the profile settings page. An authenticated parent can also delete or deactivate the child's account, eliminating access to the services available to Code Rev Kids Edu accounts for that child. Deactivating or deleting an account also prevents Code Rev Kids from collecting or using subsequent information from that account, and that account's publicly posted content will be removed from the Services. If there is an issue with editing or removing child information, please contact Code Rev Kids at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. If you are a parent, you can stop posting of Media Content from your child at any time by contacting Code Rev Kids at email@example.com.
7. Rights and Choices. You may exercise the below Rights and Choices, including to withdraw your consent to any processing based on your consent by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
o Access. You may receive a list of your Personal Data that we process to the extent required and permitted by law.
o Rectification. You may correct any Personal Data that we hold about you to the extent required and permitted by law.
o Erasure and Objection to Processing. To the extent required by applicable law, you may request that we delete your Personal Data from our systems. You may request erasure of your Personal Data by emailing us at email@example.com.
o Data Export. To the extent required by applicable law, we will send you a copy of the Personal Data we hold from you in a common portable format of our choice.
o Direct Marketing. Residents of California (and others as required by applicable law) may request a list of Personal Data we have disclosed about you to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. This request must be written, signed, and mailed to us, unless otherwise required by applicable law. You may cease direct marketing from us by unsubscribing with the unsubscribe link in the emails, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
o Regulator Contact. You have the right to contact or file a complaint with regulators or supervisory authorities about our processing of Personal Data. To do so, please contact your local data protection or consumer protection authority.
o Data Protection Officer. You may reach Code Rev Kids' Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
8. Data Retention. Subject to earlier exercise of your Rights and Choices, we will store your Personal Data as long as you have an account on the Services. We may keep your email as long as you do not revoke your consent to direct marketing. We will store your Site Data as long as we deem reasonably necessary to provide the Services.
o In addition to the retention policy above that applies to all Code Rev Kids Edu and kidslovecode.com users, we only keep a child's personal information obtained through his or her school as long as necessary to deliver services or for school purposes, unless we are required by law to retain it.
9. Security. We use appropriate technical and organizational means to protect your personal data. For example, we use SSL to encrypt data in transit. We encrypt passwords at rest. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at the address below.
10. Users Outside the United States. Your Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of information may be less stringent than the laws in your country. If you create or use an account in the Code Rev Kids Edu platform, you consent to your data being stored and processed in the United States.
11. Changes to this Policy; Notice
Code Rev Kids, Inc.
1639 16th St.
Santa Monica, Ca 90404
(310) 450 - 4984